Top 10 Most Approachable Ballets

In one of my recent posts, Ballet Revealed Through Photography, I discussed how ballet is more approachable than most think.  In that post, I discussed the athletic, group effort, youth driven, energetic, and hip quality that is being brought to the world of ballet today.

One of my followers, Emily Ryan discussed her frustration with proving to friends that ballet is actually approachable.  In an effort to help Emily and the rest of you out, I came up with a list of my ten most easily digested and hip ballets!

Here they are:
  1. The Concert, by Jerome Robbins.
  2. Everywhere We Go, by Justin Peck.
  3. West Side Story Suite, by Jerome Robbins.
  4. Serenade, by George Balanchine.
  5. Russian Seasons, by Alexei Ratmansky.
  6. Year Of The Rabbit, by Justin Peck.
  7. The Times Are Racing, by Justin Peck.
  8. Fancy Free, by Jerome Robbins.
  9. Symphony In Three, by George Balanchine.
  10. Concerto DSCH, by Alexei Ratmansky.
Go check them out and then discuss them around the rosin box in your next ballet class!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! I will definitely be referring back to it.

    ReplyDelete

Ballet Fundamentals: Discipline and Barre Work

Ballet technique is first introduced in the beginner levels with discipline and structure; an appropriate level of respect for authority an...