Welcome to the Rosin Box

My name is Cameron Dieck and I have been a dancer with the New York City Ballet for ten years.  Having been in the professional ballet world for the entirety of my adult life, I have a unique perspective.  I am setting out to explore areas of the ballet world that I still am not familiar with and to give a unique look inside the world behind the curtain.  The rosin box is used to prep one's shoes before a dance performance and is like the watering hole in the backstage world at the ballet.  I want to bring my readers into the conversations that take place around this "watering hole" of the ballet world.  Come on in and lets rosin up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballet Fundamentals: Discipline and Barre Work

Ballet technique is first introduced in the beginner levels with discipline and structure; an appropriate level of respect for authority an...